Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Thrifted at the PINK of Perfection!


Last week, I stopped the Goodwill in Carson after work to drop of some stuff.  Of course, I can never drop anything off without doing a little browsing.  Now, this is not my usual goodwill so I had no idea that it was such a treasure chest! It was SOOOOO much better than the Gardena location that I usually go to.  I picked up a couple blazers, a gorgeous print jumpsuit (don't be scared...it's really cute,.I promise!), and this FABULOUS.BEAUTIFUL.GORGEOUS.HOTT pink silk blouse all for $32.  I was contemplating taking pics of all my finds, but I figured I'd unveil them one by one as I wear them. So, you know how it is when you're thrifting, and you're flipping through the racks one crappy item at a time looking for that one diamond in the ruff....and then you spot it, and it's almost glowing, and you can't figure out why someone would have ever thought to throw it out?  Well that is how I felt about this blouse. Okay, maybe I can understand why the original owner threw it out.  It's clearly from the eighties.  It even has detachable shoulder pads! ha!  Oh well one fashionista's trash is fashionista's treasure (and I lose the term trash very loosely...clearly this blouse is far from trash!).

What I'm Wearing...
~ hott pink silk blouse, thrifted, tag says "New York Studio", $4.99
~ Black laci cami
~ boyfriend jeans, thrifted, $7.99
~ studded belt, purchased at the Buffalo Exchange (fave consignment shop)
~ Anne Michelle cage booties (birthday gift from my friend Gloria, but I know they were less than $20)
~ Forever 21 necklaces, $4.80 each
~ H&M leopard cat eye sunglasses, 2 pair for $10
~ H&M silver bangle, $3.95

So the best thing about today's outfit is the whole thing cost about $50, and many of the pieces were thrifted.  Some of my early followers may remember that my blog was originally called The Frugal Fashionista.  I changed it after I got some very good feedback from a friend and I did a little googling and found several other blogs out there with similar names.  But the name still holds true to my approach to fashion.  Partly out of necessity, I am a die hard bargain hunter!  Like many other women I know, I absolutely  LOVE fashion... the shoes, the accessories, the bags, and of course the clothes.  I know the power of fashion. I have seen fashion transform a woman from the inside out, and give her confidence...but fashion comes at a price.  The fact of the matter is the average fashionista next door just can't afford to fulfill every magazine induced fashion desire... at least not without acquiring some serious debt!  So she scours the sale racks, discount stores, thrift shops, and online sales in search of deal, but when you see her on the streets she looks like a million bucks! That is part of the reason I became so obsessed with fashion blogs...because they often feature real women with great style and limited budgets.  Not that I don't love celebrity fashion and the like but let's be honest... how hard could it be to look fabulous when you have a stylist, an unlimited budget, and free designer duds because you are a living, breathing, billboard?  There is just something inspirational about all my blogger friends who seem to look equally fabulous on thrift store and sale rack budgets, ya know?

Sorry for the rant, today! Lol. Thanks for stopping by!







p.s you may have noticed that my hair is in a ponytail today BUT I have to say that I actually did wake up this morning and wash and diffuse my curls, but I decided my big curly hair didn't complement the blouse so I braided my bangs to the side and up into a loose high bun.  Sooooo that being said...technically, today's ponytail doesn't fall into the effortless basic ponytail category.  Do I get a pass???

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Creative Commons License
The Fashionista Next Door by Eboni I. Hudson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Alloy.com