Monday, August 2, 2010

Utter Confusion?

I hung out with my mom after work Friday and the first thing she said is "It doesn't bother you that you're wearing turquoise shoes and olive green?"  Well, the truth is I realize that I wasn't matching but I liked it...so I went with it.



There is more to the story of this look.  I went to Old Navy on my lunch break to buy my $2 camis.  I didn't feel like going in the fitting room, and I already had on a plain white tank under my tunic, so I decided to find a mirror on the sales floor and try the camis on over my tank.  I spotted a mirror that happened to be right next to a rack of these super cute olive green utility vests.

Click here to purchase.

For $24.50, I just had to have it!  Utilitarian inspired pieces have been a wardrobe MUST HAVE for the past couple of season's and the trend is most definitely going to continue into fall.  Don't believe me? Just ask Christian Dior... his Pre-fall 2010 collection is saturated with military inspired pieces from outerwear to pencil skirts...

All Images Courtesy of Style.com
With that said, I am warning you now, this little vest is going to be making regular appearances come fall. I have already imagined at least 10 fall looks (and several summer looks, too!) with this little beauty. Hmmm, maybe we'll start a whole military vest gallery? a military vest challenge? stay tuned... Lol!

So anyway, back to today's look...I tried the vest on right over my white boho-inspired blouse and decided that the outfit looked much better with the vest (maybe I just really wanted to wear the vest???) so I decided to rock it.  I was already kinda if-fy on my outfit for the day because as much as I love this blouse in theory, it's just not flattering on me.  Remember my broad shoulder + broad back + big arms + large bust issue? Yeah, well super blousy tops don't really mesh well with all that.  Quite frankly, I looked in the mirror half way through the day and said "what were you thinking?"  Well, the vest did the trick of cinching my waist in and making me feel a little bit better...




I know, I know, I've got like three warring looks going on with the super beachy shoes, the super bohemian blouse, and the military vest, but it worked for me.  Be honest.... Is it really that bad?  Is this outfit just outright confusing?


Blouse: random find, Vest: Old Navy, Jeans: G by Guess, Shoes: Old Navy, Beaded Necklace & Cross Necklace: Forever 21,  Bangle: H&M, Aviator Sunnies: H&M

I think these little wedges are just adorable. I picked them up at Old Navy in the clearance section a couple weeks ago for $15.

I seriously contemplated not posting these pics, but what they heck! I actually liked this look...confusion and all...

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Creative Commons License
The Fashionista Next Door by Eboni I. Hudson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Alloy.com