Wednesday, August 4, 2010

Easy, Breezy...

Sometimes easy does it, and today's outfit definitely falls into the easy, breezy category.  I didn't really put much thought into this morning.  As I mentioned before, I desperately need to do laundry...Lol! If I'm wearing an evening gown tomorrow, you know why! hehe! Anyway, today's look is very simple with just a tad bit of flare provided by beloved Sam Edelman "Venice" lace up booties.  I was in love with these shoes at first sight, and I stalked them online forever, waiting for the price to drop. Finally, I ran across them on sale at Nordstrom Rack and I had to snatch them up! Between these babies and the military vest, you guys are in trouble!  I can seriously wear these things with anything, jeans, skirts, trousers, tights, leggings, jeggings....oooh and they look super cute with little socks.  I will do my best not to wear them out this fall, but I'm not making any promises!


Jacket: H&M, Tank: H&M ($5.95), Belt: unknown, Pants: random old chinos, Shoes: Sam Edelman "Venice," Clutch: thrifted, Earrings: Forever 21 "High Glam Hoops" ($5.80), Necklace: Forever 21 "Pearlescent Rosary" ($6.80) Bangle: H&M ($3.95), Sunnies: H&M (2 for $10)


You may have noticed that I actually did something with my hair this morning, and by that I mean it is not in a ponytail.  I was talking to Fabrice last night about cutting my hair, and he is TOTALLY against the idea. He loves my hair! Of course, my argument is what's the difference if it's always in a ponytail anyway. I am so about lazy doing anything with it, and the ponytail is definitely a crutch, but I have always been hesitant to cut it.  I have always had hair that is at least shoulder length if not longer.  I was probably about 3 or 4 years old in all of these pictures, and you can see those ponytails were no joke.


I've done some damage to my hair over the years... straightening, dying, and frying it to oblivion, but somehow I've been able to maintain some sort of length. Unfortunately, I have not been able to maintain my hair's thickness over the years. It has gotten very thin.  Anyway, who knows what I'd look like with short hair??? My concern has always been that I have a pretty round face, and big ole' chipmunk cheeks and I'd rather make my face look any rounder...if you know what I mean. Last week I wore my hair swept to one side and pinned it up, and it totally looked like I had cut my hair. I got tons of compliments on "my new haircut."   Two of the men at my job even mentioned it, which is saying something because you know guys don't pay attention. Lol! Of course, it got to me thinking about cutting my hair.  I have to give the disclaimer that I go through this hair cutting phase at least twice a year, but I've never actually built up the courage to cut it! I did go and try on wigs once... bad idea! They looked like helmets. Lol!

 


The next picture came out a really funky color, but I thought it looked cool so I'm posting it anyway.  I'm not sure what I'm doing here. Lol!


Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Creative Commons License
The Fashionista Next Door by Eboni I. Hudson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Alloy.com