Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Lacey Gray

I woke up this morning feeling totally and completely uninspired.  I literally sat on the carpet and stared into the closet for about 30 minutes before I realized that I was going to be late and I still needed to do my on hair which had formed into something like  bird's nest on the top of my head.  Aren't you supposed to come off a three day weekend rested and ready for the world? I just felt groggy and ready for the bed.  I've bee having that god forsaken "I have nothing to wear" feeling a little too often lately.  I am probably just sub-consciously making an excuse to shop! Lol! Anyway, I finally decided on a lace t-shirt (ironically, not the one I ended up wearing) and a floor length smocked gray skirt...ummm FAIL. This look didn't look anything like I pictured it in my mind.  It was soooooo matronly.  So back to the drawing board I went with about 3.5 minutes to get out the door.  I was hell bent on wearing lace for some reason, so I grabbed my new lace top that I bought from Forever 21 a couple weeks ago, and through it on over a pair of gray jeans, but not before I swapped my cami out FOUR TIMES (yes it was one of those mornings).  At about three o'clock this afternoon, I realized I really liked my outfit after all. haha!!!
On the hair, I took a page from K.D.'s blog Hair Gurl, and opted for a loose side bun under my fedora.  She totally inspired me with her Classy Side Bun w/ Side Twist post (see it her blog here).  I love it!!! and I thought it looked rather cute under the fedora with my giant hoop earrings!

What I'm Wearing...
~ Forever 21 over sized lace tee
~ Old Navy cami
~ Light gray boot cut jeans
~ Forever 21 crosshatch fedora
~ Cathy Jean platforms
~ Forever 21 necklace and giant hoop earrings (I heart my new hoops! Can yo you tell? Lol)
~ Poppie Jones over-the-shoulder fringe bag
~ H&M silver bangle
~ Wooden bracelet (from Target???)
~ Tiffany's toggle necklace worn as a bracelet
~ Mossimo sunnies


I had to get a close up of the hair.... and the giant hoops! Lol! K.D., did I make you proud?


So what do you think? For a day that started off preeetty crappy, my outfit didn't wasn't half bad! i kinda loved it actually, and it was super comfy!

Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Creative Commons License
The Fashionista Next Door by Eboni I. Hudson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Alloy.com