Wednesday, July 7, 2010

The Catsuit...Literally!

You either love animal print or you hate it! Clearly, I fall into the love it category. Remember the leopard print blouse I wore just last week? Well, I absolutely adore this leopard print "catsuit"! I only wish you could see pleating details on the pants and top. It is just fabulous!  Oh, and this is the jumpsuit I've mentioned a couple times that I picked up at the goodwill along with the blush pink blazer, a the yellow plaid blazer! I think it was like $7.99 or something ridiculous.  It was brand new with the tags on (and a size 10, damn vintage sizing!)  So I realize that animal print is not for everyone, and for those that are up for dabbling in the fun print, a full on jumpsuit might be too much! If you like animal prints but aren't quite sure how to pull them off, here a few tips.

1) Ground animal prints with neutrals or solid browns, blacks, or whites. Denim pieces like the jean jacket I'm wearing also work well as a grounding piece! Let's face it, I've got a lot of leopard going on, but the jean jacket cuts the look in half and keeps it from being too overwhelming, although I actually don't mind it without the jacket!

2) Add animal prints to your wardrobe in the form of accessories like animal print pumps, belts, scarves, handbags or even a headband.

3) Try a zebra print. The black and white stripes are little less "wild" if you know what I mean!

4) Stick to animal prints as outerwear! Leopard coats are totally on trend!!

Leopard print done wrong...
Leopard print done right...


The leopard catsuit... I personally don't care for Paris Hilton's look but I LOVE Kate Hudson's silky number...

 
What I'm Wearing
~ Leopard catsuit, thrifted
~ H&M L.O.G.G. jean jacket
~ Studded belt, thrifted
~ Nine West strappy sandals
~ Forever 21 necklace and hoop earrings
~ H&M bangle (Seriously, I'm gonna find a new bracelet. LOL!)
~ Kenneth Cole shoulder bag
~ H&M sunnies


So my fiance' hates this outfit! He literally shook his head at me and said "I don't like it." Lol! What do you guys think? Hate it or love it?

Please excuse the super long post!!! Thanks for stopping by!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails
Creative Commons License
The Fashionista Next Door by Eboni I. Hudson is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-Share Alike 3.0 United States License.
Alloy.com